Sunday, December 14, 2008

Krisalynn Elizabeth

I'm sure most of you have already heard about Krisalynn's arrival, but just in case here is the info. I started having consistent contractions early in the morning on 11/22, I timed them all morning and they kept getting closer. So I called John to let him know since he had to work out in Hemet that Saturday and then called the nurse. She suggested I go in and get checked out, so off we went a little before noon. After monitoring me for a couple hours the gave me the option to go home and wait a bit or they could admit me and the doctor would break my water. So obviously we decided to stay, I was very ready to have her. They moved me to a labor room around 4pm, broke my water shortly after and Krisalynn was born at 10:37 pm. She weighed 8lbs 1oz and was 19inches. To mine and the doctors surprise she came very quickly, no more than 10 min of pushing. She came out sunny side up, facing the doctor instead of the floor, John later told me it scared him because her face was purple when she came out. But she was just fine and beautiful!









Krisalynn did have complications later. She was running a low fever, her heart rate was high, her breathing was fast and she was having blue spells when she cried. This worried her nurse and doctor so they ran lots of tests and xrays and after two and a half extra days in the hospital she was released, just in time for Thanksgiving. The nursing staff was so wonderful and did everything they could to let me stay with Krisalynn. They were such a blessing, I don't know what I would have done if I had to leave her. It ended up that she had fluid in her lungs and thankfully a couple days of antibiotics cleared it up. So we had an extra special Thanksgiving this year with plenty to be thankful for.





2 comments:

MickyD said...

congrats guys!!! she's precious.
-micky

Gabe and Jen said...

Yay! I am so excited to see pictures! I am so glad that you were able to have thanksgiving at home with Krisalynn! What a blessing. We miss you guys so much. Give the kidds lots of hugs from us :) God Bless
Jen